Monday, August 30, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Edy has just successfully completed her first full week of sleeping in her big girl bed. This milestone was met by deep sadness for me and joy akin to winning the lottery for Edy.

Though she posed happily for her first photos in her bed, the initial night did not go well. After getting up several times and receiving several scoldings and reminders that "big girls stay in their beds" my sweet E.J. ended up back in her crib. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. It was awful.


However, Daddy's insistence on her obedience paid off, she got the idea, and night #2 and each night since have proven much more peaceful.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

She is growing up so fast - I'm so proud of her that she is sleeping in her new bed :)

Story Time said...

You found a bed!!! How great. I dread the battle but you have won and now she is adjusted, you give us hope for the day we move onto the big boy bed!

Mindy said...

So funny...I just did the same post for Jagger. Way to go Edy! Miss you guys, hope to see you soon!

Judy said...

I can't believe she has grown up so fast:( But she looks so cute in her bed.